Thursday, April 12, 2007

What is Guild Wars?

Guild wars is a game that one plays online, through connecting to the internet. If you have heard of a game called World of Warcraft then you would probably already understand the concept of these games. These games are called MMORPG's. This stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Everyone has heard of games such as Final Fantasy (well most Nerds). The idea is that you make an avatar (a persona of yourself) and make this character more powerful. You do so by killing things. You get experience and better items and these are usually in the form of quests. Where you have to go out and do a certain thing or kill a certain person etc.

I got hooked on this game about two years ago when it first came out, not intending to get hooked, but i did, from the first time I played it. This game takes you to and immense world that you could not experience otherwise. I think thats why people get addicted soo easily. You lose yourself in this rich environment where anyone can be anything! You may be a janitor at a local high school but in this game you could be a guild leader over hundreds of people and own cities and soo much more.

I find this a great game for all ages bacause there is no blood and for the most part the communtiy is pretty clean. For those that are wondering what I am talking about when I say "community" I am talking about the population of the game. When people play they all connect to the same game. They have to communicate with eachother, by getting groups togather or just talking to friends or guildies.

1 comment:

Tigerlilly said...

Another interesting game to play online. I dont play these games, but I have a son that loves too. I dont think I will tell my son about this one, he is spends too much time as it is playing all the different games available on line.
Vickie M.